2. Information Collection. Epilogue and this Site typically collect personal information directly from you or through our interaction with you, including by way of this Site. We may also obtain personal information about you from other sources. The types of personal information we collect and use will depend upon the user, the user’s use and interaction with this Site and Services, and the type of information and Services involved therewith. Subject to applicable law, the types of personal information we collect from you and third parties may include:
(a) identifying information, such as your name, address, email address, and contact details;
(b) identifying information about your relatives, assigns, beneficiaries, and other third parties, such as their names, addresses, emails address, and contact details;
(c) demographic information, including age or birthdate, gender, postal or ZIP code, and other similar information about you;
(d) profile and account information, including contact, purchase, and preference information as well as your account password, information about any “wish list” items or Services, any items or Services in your online shopping cart or saved for future purchase, Service review information, promotional information, and other information about any profile or account you may have with Epilogue or this Site;
(e) purchase information, such as the Services you purchase;
(f) preference information, such as your contact and marketing preferences and Services interests;
(g) billing and financial information, including credit and account information, payment method and payment information (such as debit or credit card number and information), billing and shipping address, and contact information (such as for receipts or order updates);
(h) call recordings, including information about your call and that you share when you call us on the phone;
(i) incidental information about you relating to this Site or Content or Services or information related to you or your business;
(j) information about you that we collect in the course of providing Services, including personal information about you and your family members and other third parties;
(k) information about you contained in communications within Epilogue, between Epilogue and third parties, and between Epilogue and you, whether online or offline;
(l) location information of your device that you use with our mobile application, if your device settings allow us to collect location information;
(m) device and browsing information, including information about your phone, tablet, computer, or device, and online browsing activity, including IP addresses, unique device identifiers, Cookie identifiers, device and browser settings and information, Internet service provider information, information about when and how you access and use this Site (such as the date and time of your visit or use), the websites you visit before coming and after leaving this Site, how you navigate and what you search for using this Site, the web pages and items and Services you view using this Site, and the Services you purchase; and
(n) information Epilogue may collect with your consent or as permitted or required by applicable law.
3. Use of Information. Epilogue and this Site use personal information to:
(a) provide Content and Services to you, fulfill your orders, selections, and instructions and process your payments, process, maintain, and service any user account you may have with us, and notify you of services that we think you will like;
(b) communicate with you regarding Content and Services you request and respond to your requests and enquiries;
(c) administer our billing databases and issue and collect accounts;
(d) provide you with material and information regarding Services and to inform you of offers and promotions;
(e) personalize your experiences with us, including remembering your interests and preferences, customizing Services, facilitating your interactions with third parties, tracking and categorize your activity and interests on this Site (including by identifying the different devices you use), and enriching your experience on this Site;
(f) develop and use our knowledge management systems that contain personal information about you;
(g) market and advertise to you, including sending you marketing and advertising communications and customizing the marketing and advertising that we show you;
(h) understand how you use this Site and how to improve this Site;
(i) manage and administer our business, including to protect you against error, operate and improve upon our business and lawful business activities, maintain our programs, accounts, and records, conduct research, determine your satisfaction with Services, and detect and prevent fraud or misuse of this Site and the Content and Services;
(j) defend or protect us, you, or third parties (including other users) from harm or in legal proceedings, protect our rights, protect our security and the security of our users, employees, and property, respond to court orders, lawsuits, subpoenas, and government requests, address legal and regulatory compliance, and notify you of Service or safety issues; and
(k) take such actions and do such things as permitted or required by applicable law or for purposes for which you otherwise provide your consent.
5. This Site. The only personal information that Epilogue and this Site collect about you when you use this Site is information you provide to us, including information provided when completing an online form to request receipt of Epilogue publications, information, or Services, or to connect with other users or information provided via email at email@example.com or via the Contact Us page of this Site. As most websites do, this Site tracks usage patterns on this Site on an anonymous basis. Your identity cannot reasonably be ascertained from this information. Each time you visit this Site, our server records your Internet service provider, the date and time of your visit, the pages you visit and the documents downloaded, the searches you performed, and the referring URLs you came from. We use this non-personal information to optimize this Site.
7. Your Choices and Access Requests. Epilogue strives to offer you choices about how your personal information is used and shared. If you do not wish to receive further materials, information, or correspondence about Epilogue or Services, or if you do not wish to receive further notifications of or invitations to promotions and events, you may “unsubscribe” or ask us not to contact you for these purposes in the manner set out below. Your choices include:
(a) Social Media Platforms and Networks. We encourage you to review your privacy options and settings with the social media platforms and networks you use to understand what choices you have about sharing information from those platforms and networks with us or this Site.
(b) Email Choices. You can opt out of marketing or advertising emails by using the “unsubscribe” link or mechanism noted in marketing or advertising emails you receive from us or this Site. You may also request to opt out of marketing or advertising emails by contacting us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via the Contact Us page of this Site and sharing the email address at which you are receiving marketing or advertising emails.
(c) Mobile Location Choices. You may choose not to provide your location to us in connection with your use of this Site by declining any prompt requesting location information, and by customizing your mobile device settings to prevent sharing of location information.
(d) Access Requests. If you have registered for an account, we allow you to access and update certain personal information that you have provided to us by logging into your account and using the features and functionalities available there. You may also make a request for access to personal information by contacting us via email at email@example.com or via the Contact Us page of this Site. We are not able to grant all access requests, and we may request additional information from you in order to verify your identity before accommodating an access request.
8. Security and Fraud. Epilogue takes reasonable steps to help protect the confidentiality and security of personal information you share with us through this Site and has implemented reasonable physical, organizational, and technological security measures to safeguard the personal information in our custody or control. These include safeguards to protect personal information against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use, or modification. Authorized Epilogue Members, agents, representatives, and authorized third parties have access to your personal information. You can generally visit Epilogue website without providing any personal information. However, given that electronically submitted data is not one hundred percent (100%) secure, we make no warranties as to the security of any such personal information that you submit, which you do at your own risk. We encourage you to take steps to help protect the confidentiality and security of your account and personal information, including by doing the following:
(a) if you have a user account, reviewing your account periodically and immediately reporting any unexpected activity or unrecognized information;
(b) installing the latest security updates and anti-virus software on your computer to help prevent malware and viruses;
(c) using strong and complex passwords (i.e. with a minimum of seven alphanumeric case-sensitive characters);
(d) not using the same password on more than one website;
(e) not sharing your password with others;
(f) password-protecting your computer and mobile device; and
(g) signing out or logging off of website sessions so that your session is closed, especially when using a public computer.
You may come in contact with websites, emails, or texts that try to lure you into providing personal information with an offer purporting to be from Epilogue. Epilogue does not sponsor or endorse these offers. If you become aware of any potentially fraudulent activity on a website or in an email or text, please forward the information to us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via the Contact Us page of this Site so that we can follow up.
11. Access, Correction, Enquiries, and Complaints. Epilogue and this Site maintain records of your personal information for the above-mentioned purposes in accordance with applicable law. We may need to verify your identity before searching for or providing you with personal information. In some circumstances, we may not provide access to your personal information, including if it contains the personal information of other persons, if it constitutes confidential commercial information, or if it is otherwise not properly the subject of an access request. It is important that your personal information be accurate and up to date. Please inform us as soon as possible of any changes to your personal information. If you have any questions, requests, or complaints about our personal information practices or if you wish to request access to, or correction of, your personal information in custody or control of Epilogue, please contact us in writing or via email at email@example.com or via the Contact Us page of this Site.
Last updated: March 26, 2020.